Chevrons Netball Handbook
Anti Bullying Policy
Respect the need that children have the right to be safe and happy in any sporting activity.
1. Respect every child’s needs for, and rights to, a play environment where safety, security, praise, recognition and opportunity for taking responsibility are available.
2. Respect for every individuals feelings and views.
3. Everyone is important and that our differences make us special.
4. Show appreciation of others, by acknowledging individual qualities, contributions and progress.
5. Ensure safety by having anti-bullying rules and practices, developed with the participation of children and young people, carefully explained and displayed for all to see.
1. Bullying will not be accepted or condoned. All forms of bullying will be addressed.
2 Bullying can include:
- Pushing, kicking, hitting, pinching ect.
- Name calling, sarcasm, persistemt teasing and emotional torment through ridicule or humiliation.
- Racial taunts, graffiti.
- Sexual comments or suggestions.
- Unwanted physical contact.
3. Appropriate staff should have access to training on anti bullying.
4. Incidents should be recorded and monitored.
Equity Policy Statement
Hull chevrons Netball Club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following Sports England definition of sports equity.
- Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- Hull Chevrons respects the right, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone as an equal within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social / economical status.
- Hull Chevrons is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat or intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All Hull Chevrons members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- Hull Chevrons will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures.