Safeguarding Policy Statement
The Committee has approved a policy on Safeguarding children and young people through netball. Full copies are available from the Director of the Club on request. Chevrons Netball Club is committed to adhering to the corresponding England Netball policy.
The key features are:
- Chevrons aims to create a safe and enjoyable environment for all members of the club.
- We believe that all members have the right to be safe and secure.
- All members are to be treated with respect and able to voice their concerns.
- We will ensure that the club provides for the needs of all members through specific programmes and safe practice.
- We have procedures in place to address poor practise, and to help any young member who appears to be the victim of abuse. We will offer help end support.
- We will take steps to ensure that any volunteers working with the club are suitable to do so, through the use of England Netball ‘s Criminal Record Bureau disclosure procedure.
- We will make sure that all of those working with the members are made aware of the clubs code of conduct and are required to follow it.
Reporting Of Concerns:
SPEAK OUT immediately if anything concerns you or makes you uncomfortable
SPEAK OUT if you are being abused or have concerns regards another member
Coaches, Volunteers, Parents and Carers:
SPEAK OUT if you have concern about a child at risk of abuse from an adult or another child, or if you have concerns about the behaviour of a colleague
Teresa Hardmeat (Chevrons Safeguarding Officer) - 07478925330
Chloe Wilson - 07450845141
NSPCC Child Protection Help Line – 0808 800 5000
Local Police or Social Services
Health and Safety
Chevrons Netball Club are fully accredited by ERCAS!
For more information regarding this scheme, please visit: